Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marriages are made in Heaven, Why does it land up in Hell !!

If marriages are made in heaven, why does it land up in hell?
The very next question that pops up in the my mind is: What makes a marriage work?
I really don’t know but definitely can list out some of the traits that are often quoted by many experienced people – tolerance, patience , strong bounding and to hear what’s unspoken. Should I say that all it takes a marriage to work is to experience SCHIZOPHRENIA ?????
The X generation today may find themselves alien to such words and so do I.

All of this makes me go back into time where I notice that marriages weren’t really happening just for an experience. People really did stand by each other for their entire life!!!! What made it different then than what is today? (Apart from the high concrete buildings with MNC s operating in them) .

Till a few decades back women were protected against education. It was strongly believed that education was made just for the boys of the house who later went out to earn for their bread and butter. Where as the girls’ sphere of work was limited to the four walls of the kitchen. Instead, I would say they were the supporting pillars of the Man’s success. Men ate what the women made for them to eat, they were taken care of in sickness by women, they choose women for taking out their stress, they also derived emotional strengths for women. It was the women who made the house worth being called a home.

So should I say that it’s just the lack of education that made marriages work? I don’t think so. Just like the meaning of every law which was laid down years ago changes with the changing time and circumstances, so does this. All of the above may hold true for the society that I am not known to but today, this will not go down my or anybody’s system.

I don’t know what it takes a marriage to work, but I do know why in most circumstances it fails.
All it takes for a marriage to fail are the day to day little things that one might not even notice. Big problems find enough strengths form where I don’t know to solve themselves . But it’s actually the small matters that cause discomfort in your heart because of which it hurts slowly and steadily and before you know your heart is full of pain and misery. One is often left with nothing to give to the other and they say – it just happens.

Lately I have been going through a crash course of how to make a marriage work. In most of the talks the subject remains that there should be no expectations at least 50 % of the time. But I wonder if that was possible. The desire of a human brain and heart is never satisfied. Even when one dies he dies with a thought – gosh if I could see Mr/ Mrs. XYZ.
Marriage is not driven by psychology or finance or for that matter human resource.

I am yet not equipped enough to answer such questions ….. but I do understand that my mind boggles with questions that rarely have a definite answer and this is one such question.

I guess i will go with the saying Its Just A Gamble Of Life ..... A Game Of Pure Luck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment