Thursday, May 28, 2009

Adoption

Not many times in my past days have found myself thinking about Adoption in its real sense. Till now for me, when you give anybody a little space in your heart and house seemed as adoption of that person. But it really is much bigger than what it seemed like till now. One has to not only deal with the person’s psychology but also of their own. I never knew it’s a test that one puts up for himself too.

We have had servants serving for years and on every Rakshabhandhan they actively participated. My mother has always shown concern towards them and Father has been supportive in every way possible. I have always heard my mother telling the young helpers that they are also like the children of this house. This seemed much like helping the under privileged people; which it is. But really, adoption is much bigger than what is mentioned above. In fact, the above given situation is just like one dot which forms the part of the whole adoption struggle.

Why I mentioned adoption as a struggle is because believe it or not it is a struggle. Raising someone else’s child as your own is not an easy task. To wipe the saliva of anybody’s child is not something that anybody would really welcome doing with open hands.

But then I stop to thing about the pets that live in the homes of many of us. How quickly they become one of the most important parts of our lives. I guess all it takes is pure heart from both the sides.

It took a while to realise that how much a difference it could make in a person’s life if he/she could grow in a home filled with support and concern instead of living on the streets and learning skills to beg.

How much can it pain to stand by a child with an assurance that your hand will always be above its head. Just stop for a while and ask yourself –“what is more important? A little PAIN or the entire life of a PERSON?”

1 comment:

  1. Very deep and thought-provoking!
    Selfless love it is!

    ReplyDelete